The College of Integrated Chinese Medicine offers a 3-year, full time BSc (Hons) acupuncture course with the option of weekend or weekday study. Our course is accredited by the British Acupuncture Accreditation Board and validated by the University College of Osteopathy.
There are many reasons to train as an acupuncturist:
- Treat mind, body and spirit
- Offer a holistic approach to healthcare
- Be your own boss and choose a flexible work-life balance
- Use your own life experiences for the benefit of others
- Learn a variety of techniques to support a patient’s wellbeing
Why study at CICM?
Established in 1993, we are the largest UK acupuncture college and have a reputation for teaching excellence. Our lecturers are passionate teachers and experienced practitioners. We are committed to staff development and all of our teachers run successful practices.
- Graduate with a BSc (Hons) Acupuncture degree
- Be eligible to join the British Acupuncture Council, the UK’s largest governing body for acupuncture
- Learn the two main styles of acupuncture taught in the UK, Five Element Constitutional Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Apply for a student loan to help fund the course if you haven’t studied for a degree before
- Become a part of a vibrant community of students
What will I learn?
The course content brings together two main styles of practice: Five Element Constitutional Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Five Element 5 elements looks at the underlying constitutional imbalance that leads to illness, and TCM treats the illness directly.
What support will I receive?
Our students come from a range of different backgrounds. Some may have a degree and done a lot of study whilst others may have been out of education for some time All of our students have a personal tutor and we offer learning support and study skills sessions. Lecture notes and other resources are available on our virtual learning environment to assist you to learn at your own pace. We are here to help you and whether you have to juggle study with a family and/or work we want you to succeed.
Come to an open day
Come to an open day to meet the tutors and students, hear more about what it’s like to study at CICM and how we will support you to become a competent, confident acupuncturist.Ask at reception, book online or contact us to book a place on the one of our regular open days.
Karen, our registrar, will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact her at email@example.com.